Peanut butter chia pudding

Diverse foods for breakfast are somewhat of a challenge for me, because I usually do not feel hungry in the morning. As a kid i used to skip the breakfast offered at school, and at home I was very picky about what I was willing to eat. Unlike most of my Hungarian peers, I prefer a simple, mildly sweet pastry to break my fast. On days when I am heading into immediate activity, Hungarian hot dogs, and my mom's sardine paste on toast with onions are my favorites. This chia pudding is a sweet option, offering a filling, nutrition-dense alternative to sweet pastries.

Ingredients

0.25 cup chia seeds

1 cup milk

2 tbsp peanut butter

1 tsp sugar

0.25 tsp salt

0.5 tsp vanilla extract 

cocoa powder (optional)

Preparation

Mix the chia seeds with the sugar, salt, and peanut butter. Add in a little milk to allow you to combine them. This takes some serious initial stirring.

Add in the rest of the milk and the vanilla gradually. Stir and allow to sit at room temp for 15 minutes. Stir again before moving to the fridge overnight.

Comments