Chocolate swirl buns


I never liked breakfast. I guess my night time hunger suppression is too efficient, and doesn't turn off early enough in the morning. And the Hungarian dry rolls with cold butter were always repulsive to me...to this day I eat my sandwiches there without butter. Hot rolls with butter melting into them are delicious though.
So the only items that remained for a passable breakfast for me were chocolate rolls and cottage cheese-filled pastries. Kakos csiga and turos taska. This one is a delicious, soft version of the former.

Ingredients
113g warm water
1egg
28 g butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
270g flour
18g milk powder
25g sugar
0.5 tsp salt
1.5 tsp yeast

filling:
4 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp flour
pinch of salt
28g butter
14g water

Preparation
Combine all ingredients and knead until smooth dough forms. Allow to rise in a warm place, covered.

Meanwhile, line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper. Butter the sides.

Mix the filling for the ingredients.


When the dough doubled in size, roll out into a 8-by-14-inch rectangle. Spread with the filling, leaving one of the short edges clear. Roll up starting from the filled short edge. Cut into eight equal pieces and place the rolls into the baking shape. Allow to rise again.


Preheat oven to 350F, and bake rolls until light brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve once cooled.

Comments