Potato leek soup



I'm a fan of leeks in zelnik and maznik, so I was curious how I would feel about this soup. It's a dreary, cold winter day soup. And a dreary, cold winter is what we have going on in my part of the world right now. Honestly, the soup was not bad, but in the future I will save my leeks for zelnik filling.

Ingredients
2 leeks
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp butter
2 large potatoes
2 cups veggie broth
0.5 cup cream
0.25 cup buttermilk
0.25 tsp white pepper
salt
crispy bacon

Preparation
Wash the leeks thoroughly and remove the green parts. Chop the rest. To a large pot add the butter and the leeks with a pinch of salt. Sautee for 5 minutes on high and 25 minutes on medium. Add the chopped garlic.

Add the peeled potatoes cut into chunks with the broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 30 minutes, until potatoes are cooked.

Puree the mixture and stir in the cream, pepper and buttermilk. Season with salt and top with crispy bacon bits.

Comments