Cranberry apple cake

I prepared this coffee cake recently, in an attempt to use up some leftover dried cranberries. All in all it was an easy cake to make with rather tasty results.

Ingredients
2 medium Gala apples
5 tbsp softened butter
1/2 cup milk
1.5 cups flour
0.75 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of cinnamon, ground cloves, and ginger each
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried, unsweetened coconut flakes
1 egg
1/2 cup dried cranberries
icing sugar to decorate

Preparation
Grease and flour a 10inch round baking pan. Preheat the oven to 350°F.

Peel and finely chop the apples.

Mix the flour, baking powder, coconut flakes and spices together.

In a separate bowl mix the butter with the sugar. Add in the vanilla extract and the egg, beat till smooth. To the mixture add the milk and the flour blend in small portions, alternating between the two. Finally fold in the apple and the cranberries. Pour into the baking shape and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Allow to cool in the shape for 2 minutes, then remove onto a serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.

I was in trouble at this step, as I didn't have a sieve. I resolved the problem by using the small holes on my grater to distribute the sugar. It worked out surprisingly well.

Comments

  1. This one!
    I love it a lot. ate too much of it
    But it's REALLY GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post the other baking expedition maps as well...this time of the year is the best time for baking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. last time this year is exactly when I start baking, now I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to test this ASAP. Please send sample/demo version via email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jing: and you are very good at it too :-)
    Petar: nope, no can do. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment