Walnut-raisin bundt cake

 I never liked raisins in pastry. My brother and I always picked them out of every food, so after a while my mum stopped including them. Recently I had this idea that it's a texture issue, and that maybe if I mince the raisins or turn them into a paste, the flavor would be acceptable. I prepared the raisin paste in my food processor, and chose to use it as a thickening agent and sweetener in cinnamon rolls.

Ingredients
1 portion of this dough with 0.5 tsp cardamom
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup ground walnuts
1 cup golden raisins
0.25 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp sugar
confectioners sugar

Preparation
Prepare the dough with the cardamom. Set aside egg whites for egg wash. Allow the dough to rise once, then punch down.

 In a food processor, process raisins, walnuts and half of the cinnamon until the raisins are finely chopped.


Roll out the dough. Spread the the melted butter, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon and the brown sugar.

 
 Distribute the nut-raisin filling on top. Roll up like a jelly roll.

 
 Place into a Bundt shape sprayed with cooking spray, orienting the dough seam side-up. Brush with vegetable oil. Allow to double in size in a warm place.

 Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with one tbsp of white sugar.


Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30-40 minutes, until lightly browned on top. Flip out onto a plate. Allow to cool completely, sprinkle with confectioners sugar, if so desired. Serve!

Comments