Udon noodles with kale and carrots


Many foodies are into zoodling these days...and the alternative veggie noodles are indeed a healthy choice. While I haven't tried zoodling, it seems anything should work better then a vegetable mandolin for preparing julienned veggies in large quantities. I used to shred, cut, slice, dice, and stab my fingers every time I tried shredding hard vegetables on a mandolin or on a grater. Until I discovered the julienne peeler. I use this appliance very happily for a number of dishes...without ever adding parts of me to the dish by accident.

Ingredients
1 tsp sesame oil
4 tsp soy sauce
0.25 tsp fish sauce
4 tbsp peanut butter
2 tsp Sriracha
6 oz Udon noodles
1 bunch of Kale
2 carrots

Preparation
Remove the leaves of the kale from the hard ribs. Chop carefully and massage with a tsp of sesame oil.

Julienne the carrots using the julienne peeler.


Boil the udon noodles per package instructions and drain.


Mix the sesame oil, soy sauce, peanut butter and Sriracha. Toss with carrots and Kale, then add noodles and mix well. Serve. Top with scallions sliced at an angle, pepper flakes, or hot chili slices.

Comments