Coconut mango shrimp curry


I had this amazing meal of a perfectly roasted duck breast topped with a super-spicy mango curry. When I got home I realized that I have a list of ingredients to produce something vaguely familiar. In fact, those items were on my eat-down list. (The coconut milk has been hanging out in my freezer for a month). So, while I can't say that this delicious dish was borne out of necessity, it nevertheless helped me get rid of some ingredients that just had to go.

Ingredients
2 ripe mangos
1 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
1 tsp cayenne
0.5 cup coconut milk
1 lb shrimp
1 tsp ginger
2 tbsp minced cilantro leaves
salt

Preparation
Grate the onion, I chopped it, but it should be grated. Mince the garlic. Peel the mangos and dice them. Add half of the mango cubes to a blender with the coconut milk. Blend until smooth.

In a large pan saute the ginger, garlic and onion paste until fragrant. Add the cayenne and the curry paste and stir for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook until done (should take very little time). 


Pour in the coconut milk blend and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add in the diced mango and cook for another minute. Top with the cilantro.

Comments