Avocado BLT


Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches were something new to me when I came to the U.S. Not that we don't eat bacon in Eastern Europe. We just do it differently. A piece of meaty, smoked bacon, with an onion and a piece of bread was common lunch when working in the fields. Perhaps it is because of this that I always visited the salad bar with my BLT to add some red onion slices to my sandwich. It's just absolutely necessary. This version of the sandwich packs a punch even better than my adulterated ones did. The garlic is enough to chase away any vampire, and the flavor is well past the simple, traditional BLT's.

Ingredients
4 slices of whole-wheat bread
1 ripe avocado
2 medium cloves of garlic
1 cup of arugula
6 slices of thick-cut bacon
6 cherry tomatoes
salt
1 tsp Sriracha

Preparation
Crisp the bacon and remove onto paper towels.

Mash the avocado and add the Sriracha and garlic. Mix well. Spread onto the bread slices. Top with bacon.


Chop the arugula a little and add to the bread slices. Cut the tomatoes in half and place into the sandwich as well. Serve!


I tried this toasted, like a panini, but the avocado spread's flavor came through better when room temperature. The bacon should be warm though!

Comments