Cream of sweet pea soup


Not my number one creamed soup, but it wasn't bad. I think I like peas fresh too much to enjoy them sufficiently when cooked. Leave off the celery I used here, it was leftover and fit into a green soup. Turns out, the flavor was a little too strong. The peas came from my garden, the only other successful plants this year apart from my cucumbers.

Ingredients
4 strips of bacon
1 tsp oil
3 tbsp flour
1 cup leeks
1 quart chicken stock
3 cups peas
0.25 cup milk
salt
pepper

Preparation
Dice the bacon and cook with the oil in a pot. Remove the bacon pieces and reserve for the top. Add flour and cook until it smells like baking bread.


Add leeks, cook for 3 minutes, then add cold stock, whisking to avoid clump formation. Add peas and cook for 5 minutes. Puree the soup with an immersion blender.

Stir in milk, season with salt and pepper. Garnish with bacon bits and parsley or chives. Serve.

Comments