Caveman pops


I love to eat food with my hands. It just feels natural and I find that this simple release of control grants a unique pleasure. I enjoy eating a sandwich containing eggs with their yolks still runny, dripping down my hands. Taking large bites and not caring about the mess (as long as it's constrained to my hands and face...I don't like to get my clothes dirty). Caveman pops, or roasted turkey legs provide a similar release, playing on some primal urge to tear meat with our teeth, hungrily, with gusto. So, while I don't recommend ordering something like this on a job interview, I absolutely endorse caveman pops as a form of returning to childhood.

Ingredients
4 turkey legs
salt
black pepper
paprika
4 sprigs of sage
6 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil

Preparation
Rub the turkey legs thoroughly with salt. Brush a baking shape with oil. Add the legs and dust with black pepper. Arrange the sage and peeled, crushed garlic cloves in between.

Cover with aluminum foil tightly and bake at a 325F oven for 2.5 hours. Remove foil, sprinkle legs with paprika and roast for another 15 minutes in a 400F oven. Broil to get a crispy skin.

Comments