Chili dogs


Ah, I do so love junk food. My husband is the voice of reason in our family, when it comes to deciding whether we should eat in McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC or Pizza Hut. I have a weak spot for their carefully engineered, delicious, comforting flavors. I can't eat too much of their food, but I crave it every one in a while. Well, this chili dog was reasonably healthy, and it successfully supplanted my junk food fix for an evening.

Ingredients
4 Fearless Franks from the Niman Ranch
4 whole wheat sub rolls
1 cup of hot bean chili
2 jalapeno peppers
1 cubanelle pepper
1 tomato
1 onion

Preparation
Mince peppers, tomato and onion. Heat chili and cook hot dogs (in a few tbsp of water that will evaporate in the cooking process). Toast buns.

Place the hot dogs on the bun, add a  quarter cup of chili on each. Sprinkle on a quarter of the veggies. Serve. Amazing, spicy, delicious!

Comments