Beet risotto


This was not as amazing as I expected, but I suspect that's my fault. I'm not a fan of risotto. This is the third time I had risotto (the other two times in restaurants), and while I can appreciate the flavor, the consistency is not for me. I love my rice pudding sweet...

Ingredients
3 medium-small beets
4 cups chicken stock

1 onion
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp butter
1 cup arborio rice
0.25 cup dry white wine
2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
1 tsp balsamic
salt
black pepper

Preparation
Roast two beets for 60 minutes at 400F. (Wash, rub with oil, pierce in 2-3 places with a knife).


Chop the onion in a food processor. Chop the garlic. Shred the roasted beets, dice the raw one.

Heat the broth to nearly boiling. To a pot, add the butter and the onion, cook until soft. Add the rice and cook, stirring for 2 minutes (very lightly golden). Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the wine and cook until absorbed.


Ladle in the hot broth a third cup at a time, constantly stirring until it is absorbed. After 10 minutes of cooking, add the diced beets. Keep cooking and stirring, as you add the stock.


When the rice reaches the desired texture (about 30 minutes), add the shredded beet, balsamic vinegar and the parmesan. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve topped with goat cheese.

Comments