Tomato salad

 Yesterday I picked up a box of cherry tomatoes at the supermarket. I very skillfully proceeded to drop them on the floor. The tomatoes rolled all over and me and my husband scrambled to pick them up. The temptation to just return the box was huge, but I ended up purchasing them, with the intention of throwing them away at home. Who wants to eat tomatoes that rolled around the supermarket floor?

It turns out: me. None of the cherry tomatoes burst, so I just ended up spraying them with a dilute solution of peroxide, then rinsing them very thoroughly. I am eating them now...so if no more posts appear here, you can conclude this wasn't such a good idea.

Ingredients
tomatoes
0.25 cup sour cream
1 tbsp mayo
3 oz cheddar cheese
salt

Preparation
Clean the tomatoes, if you are using large ones, slice them into wedges.

Mix the mayo with the sour cream, drizzle onto the tomatoes. Shred the cheese and sprinkle on top. Salt to taste.

 
Serve immediately, as part of the above Mediterranean platter, if you like.

Comments