Spicy cocktail meatballs

I've had several occasions in the past to ponder whether there are foods I do not like. Unfailingly I found that the only meals I dislike are bland ones. It's really hard to swallow a bite of food when it's lacking in flavor. In high school I walked around with a tube of hot sauce in my backpack, so I could drench anything served up in the dining hall in it. These days I add spice to every possible meal...it is usually favorably received.

Ingredients
2 pounds lean ground beef
2 eggs
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tsp soy sauce
0.5 cup ketchup
1 onion
salt
1 can jellied cranberry sauce
12 oz Heniz Chilli sauce
2 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce

Preparation
Mince the onion. Mix the meat with the eggs, onion, breadcrumbs, soy sauce, ketchup and salt. Process until smooth.

Form into 0.75-inch balls and distribute onto foil-lined baking sheets. Spray them with cooking spray lightly. Bake at 350F for 12 minutes, then turn and bake for a further 12-minute period.

Remove from baking sheet and collect.

Cook the cranberry jelly, the chilli sauce and the Sriracha hot sauce until bubbly. Immerse the meatballs into the sauce and cook each batch for 5 minutes. Remove and serve.

Comments