Waffles

I had waffle cravings. So I got a waffle maker. It's actually much cheaper than buying waffles in the cafe here. It worked amazingly, but I will need to try it with a proper yeasted Belgian waffle recipe next.

Ingredients
1 cup flour
0.25 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
0.75 cup milk
0.5 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla

Preparation
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder. Add egg yolks, milk, melted butter and vanilla. Mix until smooth.

Beat the egg whites to soft peaks, fold into batter.

Bake in Belgian waffle iron, adding about 0.75 cup batter for each round waffle.

Cook until steam release slows. Serve with maple syrup, fruit, whipped cream.

Comments

  1. They were good! We need to try the yeas version next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were ok...I hope the yeast ones will live up to my expectations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment