Mashed potatoes

Nobody needs a recipe for this...yet I find I prefer the mashed potatoes I prepare over anyone else's. This is the most basic recipe, the ultimate comfort food the way my mum makes it back home. No peel included, mashed to perfect smoothness and with a light, milky flavor. Variations can include herbs, roasted garlic, sour cream, cream cheese, etc...

Ingredients
4 medium potatoes
0.25 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
salt

Preparation
Peel and quarter the potatoes. Boil in salty water until soft. Drain.

Mash them with a fork until they are completely smooth. These mashed potatoes are NOT supposed to have chunks in them. If you like, you can buy a potato press from IKEA.

Add the butter and melt/mash in. Pour in the milk and mix until smooth, heat if necessary, to evaporate to desired consistency. I like it creamy but not liquid.

Adjust salt content to your taste.

Comments