BBQ chicken

We moved this weekend. Not much time for cooking.

Since I don't have a crockpot...one day I may invest in one. When I have more kitchen space. When I have a permanent place. When I have more money. When I...

Anyway, as I was saying, I don't have a slow cooker. But slow cooking works oh so perfectly in a cast iron pot with a very heavy lid, inside the oven. It's an electric oven too, so minimal danger of fire is presented. So I took a couple of chicken breasts, cleaned them, rubbed them with a mixture of salts and after browning them lightly cooked them...slowly...until they fell apart.

Ingredients
2 chicken breasts
1 clove of garlic
0.5 yellow onion
3 pfefferoni peppers
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 bouillon cube
1 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil
salt
0.25 cup BBQ sauce

Preparation
Clean the chicken breasts and pat dry. Rub with a mixture of the dry spices.

Heat your cast iron pot with the oil until it's near the smoke point. Quickly brown both sides of the chicken breasts.

Pour in the water and add in the bouillon cube, onion in large chunks, peppers and garlic pieces. Bake for 3 hours in a 275F preheated oven.

Remove the chicken breasts from the liquid. Shred. Mix with the BBQ sauce. Add back some of the liquid to taste.

Serve on some tasty rolls with coleslaw. Yumm!

Comments