Sugar roasted carrots

My friend recently bough four pounds of 'baby-cut' carrots. He couldn't eat them all as a snack. I don't like to let food go to waste, so I roasted the remaining carrots with brown sugar. They were way too easy to eat this way. I ate them all :-)
BTW, does this baby-everything mania in the food industry disturb anyone else? Every time a recipe calls for a baby-something, I feel my stomach churn. Seriously. Can't we come up with a better descriptor?

Ingredients
1 lb baby-cut carrots
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
0.25 tsp salt

Preparation
Mix the spices. Preheat oven to 400F.

Take your favorite Pyrex dish. Toss the carrots with oil and half of the sugar mix. Distribute in Pyrex dish.

Bake covered with aluminum foil for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining sugar on top and bake for 10-20 minutes more. Until golden brown. Eat them all.

Comments