The hungry woman meal :-)

I was positively ravenous when I got back from lab today. I needed something protein-rich, tasty and heavy. And a large meal, sized like the meals I usually have when I visit home. What follows is some mouth-watering sandwiches I assembled in five minutes, before scarfing them down and taking a two-hour nap. While pickles, cravings and large quantities of food feature, I assure you, I'm not expecting.

Ingredients
1.5 sour cream rolls
1 egg
1 baked chicken leg
2 oz cheddar cheese
1 cubanelle pepper
Sriracha hot sauce
1 dill pickle

Preparation
Toast the halved rolls until light brown. Meanwhile, preheat a skillet with a little bit of oil, and prepare a lightly-salted fried egg, with the yolk still soft.

When I baked the chicken leg, I removed the meat from it and placed it in a container covered with the drippings. I took the meat, microwaved it until the fat melted and distributed the deliciously greasy, moist pieces onto two roll-halves.

The third roll got thin-sliced cheddar on it, then the still hot fried egg.

Everything got drizzled with hot sauce, and pickles were added to one chicken sandwich, while I used peppers to top the other and the egg sandwich.

Then I dug in.

Comments