Fast food

The following pictures will stand testimony to my inability to ever become a proper foodie. I often get into discussions about the flavors of McDonalds and Taco Bell products, and the carefully engineered tastes will always be among my favorites.

No, I did not grow up on McD food. In fact we didn't have a McDonalds in our city until well after I left my homecountry. I had my first McD vanilla shake as a 14-year-old, and I was immediately hooked to the flavor. There is something to say for foodchemists cooking for you, they sure know how to engineer perfectly addictive tastes. ...and lets leave the health benefits to another post.

So, it is not below me to enjoy fast food, canned food or frozen food. Yes, on most occasions the home cooked version of the same dish supersedes its junk food equivalent, but the canned wonders allow us to escape cooking on occasion. This is an accounting of my latest foray into fast food land.

Ramen noodles are bad for you. Particularly if you are a college student living exclusively on them. The little spice pocket contains enough salt to increase your blood pressure as you consume it. But the noodles cook quickly, and who says you need to add the entire salt pocket.

Frozen veggies are generally thought to be healthier than their canned equivalents. They go straight to a freezer bag...no cooking, chemical treating, or BPA-exuding container.

So, take a bag of Ramen noodles, break the noodles into four pieces, and cook it in barely enough water to cover up the broken up noodles. Add a tiny pinch of the salt pocket contents. Simmer until the noodles are nice and soft, and all the water has evaporated or got absorbed.

Take a Birdseye Tuscan veggies frozen meal, and reheat the veggies. Add a few drops of Sriracha spicy sauce.

Serve them side-by-side topped with a few spicy pfefferoni peppers. Bon appetit! ;-)

Comments

  1. Haha. I couldn't agree more. Ramen noodles rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the memories of ramen noodles fueling late night cramming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norway has the ultimate Ramen noodles, they are a different brand though. They come with this really delicious sauce, and the noodles are somewhat thicker and nicely gooey.

    On another note, I see you guys aren't proper foodies either! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment