Potato salad

I love this dish as a side with breaded, deep fried fish, chicken, or pattypan squash.

My mum makes a healthier version, using 80% sour cream and 20% mayo for the sauce. It's equally tasty.

Ingredients
4-5 large potatoes
1-2 onions
2 eggs
mayo
salt
curry
black pepper

Preparation
Peel and dice the potatoes to half-inch cubes. Wash twice, then toss into salted boiling water. Cook until done. Do not overcook! I know some people prefer to bake the potatoes, I've tried, I don't.

Boil the eggs for 10 minutes, remove the shell.

Peel the onion(s) and cut into strips. Mix the mayo with the egg yolks and the onions, and set aside until the potatoes cool down completely.

When the potatoes are cool, chop up the egg whites and add to the potatoes. Season with salt, black pepper and curry powder to taste. I only use the slightest hint of curry, it should not be the dominant taste.
Mix with the dressing and onions.

Serve room temperature with whatever suits. I had it with breaded chicken and asparagus.

Comments

  1. What would we ever do without fries, mashed potatoes, oven fries and potato salad? Big thanks to whoever discovered tatoes and big thanks to the lovely cook making them into tasty meals :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment