Cajun chicken salad

It's not the sweet kind, as I prefer the spicy.

Ingredients
two chicken breast halves
mayo
black pepper
salt
cajun pepper
one red bell pepper diced
half a yellow onion diced
1 tsp mustard
0.5 tbsp lemon juice

Preparation
I know many chicken salads call for simple cooked chicken. I much prefer to roast the chicken meat for this. So, take the washed chicken breast halves, salt them and allow to sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a loaf pan with oil. Take the chicken breasts and lightly dust them with black pepper and cajun pepper. Place into the pan and cover with aluminum foil. Cut a small slit to allow water to evaporate.

Bake covered for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 20, spooning the liquids on the chicken every 5 minutes. When done, remove from oven and allow to cool.

Dice the chicken and add the mustard and lemon juice. Mix in mayo to taste (I like mine on the barely sticky end). Add in the diced onions and bell pepper. Taste and add more spices as necessary. Cover and store in the fridge for at least an hour before serving (I like the flavors blended).

Comments

  1. Wow! You made that chicken salad look really good! I'm mean, I made it tasty and all, but your combination looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I come~ I finally figured out a way to climb over those cyber walls and see your fantastic recipes =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment